What is a Savings Protection Policy?
A Savings Protection Policy allows you to grow your savings over a term of 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 years. The savings are accumulated through monthly payments and they gain bonuses. The total sum is paid at the maturity of the policy. You can increase your premiums if you so wish while the policy is in term. If you save for 24 months, you can get a loan against your savings.
- Upon maturity of the policy, a lump sum is paid to the policyholder free of tax. This amount includes bonuses.
- Bonuses payable on the expected lump sum, not premium contributions.
- A policyholder can choose to increase the amount of their premium by 5%, 10%, 15%, 20% and 25%. This improves the payable lump sum by 3%, 6%, 9%, 12% and 15% respectively.
- This policy will help you save money for your dream wedding, new house, fancy car that qualification you have always wanted.
- In the unfortunate case of the death of a policyholder, a lump sum is payable to listed beneficiaries.
- Loans are offered after a policy holder pays premiums for 24 consecutive months and after 2 years elapse.
- The minimum policy premium is K7,500.00. Premiums can be paid via Airtel Money, bank and cash.
- The term of policy can be 5 years, 10 years, 15 years, 20 years or 25 years.
- The minimum age at entry is 16 years. The maximum age at entry is 65 years.
- No medical tests are required when making a refund claim following the death of a policyholder.