What is a Tilinanu Funeral Policy?
This is a funeral product that pays up to K1million in case of death. This is dependent on the package that is chosen during onboarding. It is designed to be affordable with the lowest package costing as little as K800 per month.
A member who buys the policy (called the principal member) can add a spouse and up to four children (aged below 21 years) as immediate family. He can further add four parents (those of the principal member and his / her spouse) plus up to six other extended family members.
What you need to know
- It is a funeral product for individuals.
- It allows flexibility in the planning of the funeral as it pays in cash.
- Claims are settled in under 48 hours upon NICO Life receiving required documents.
- The mode of premium payment is direct deposit/transfer into NICO Life’s account (through Airtel Money, bank debit orders, and Malawi Post Offices).
- The policy starts when you pay first premium and policy has 3 months waiting period for immediate family and 6 months for extended family
- The policy has no surrender value, paid up value and cannot be assigned to a third party.
|Cover||Minimum Premium||Main Benefits (Principal member, Spouse)||Immediate Family, i.e Children||Extended Family Benefit||Additional Premium per extended family|